The U.S. Department of the Treasury wants to hear what students in grades K – 12 and their families are saving for. The Ready.Save.Grow. “Save Out Loud” Photo and Video Contest encourages students to share their savings stories for a chance to win a virtual classroom visit from Treasurer of the United States Rosie Rios!
Whether it’s for a baseball glove, a first car or a college education, students of all ages have a reason to save. Students are encouraged to share their savings stories, including what they’re saving for, what they wish their family would save for, why saving is important to them and more.
Entries should be original, creative and support the concept of saving. Photos and videos will be voted on by the public and a panel of judges, including:
• Rosie Rios, Treasurer of the United States
• Nan J. Morrison, President & CEO, Council for Economic Education
• Beth Kobliner, financial journalist and member of the President’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability
• David Mancl, Director, Office of Financial Literacy, Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions; State of Wisconsin Jump$tart Coalition Leader
• Van Zeck, Commissioner, Bureau of the Public Debt, U.S. Department of the Treasury
Prizes will be awarded for best photo and video in grades K – 6 and in grades 7 – 12. The deadline for submissions is Sunday, November 25, 2012. Winners will be announced in early December.