The 13th Annual National Economics Challenge culminates with an exciting quiz bowl this Sunday, May 19 at 3:00pm ET. More than 10,000 students from 40 states participated in this year’s competition, and only eight teams will vie for the title of National Champions in New York City this weekend.
CEE asked the eight Finalist teams to prepare a video profile that shows who they are as people, students and scholars. Get over to our Facebook page and vote for your favorite team. The team with the most votes will receive a $100 Amazon gift certificate for their school and a $25 iTunes gift card for each student from the team.
The Finalist teams are:
DAVID RICARDO DIVISION (single semester general economics students)
- Carmel High School, Carmel, Indiana
- Lexington High School, Lexington, Massachusetts
- Little Falls Community High School, Little Falls, Minnesota
- Olympia High School, Olympia, Washington
ADAM SMITH DIVISION (AP, IB and honors students)
- Choate Rosemary Hall, Wallingford, Connecticut
- Iolani School, Honolulu, Hawai’i
- Mounds View High School, Arden Hills, Minnesota
- Richard Montgomery High School, Rockville, Maryland
You can VOTE once each day until Tuesday, May 21, 11:59pm ET. We’ll announce the winning team on Wednesday.
This video contest has no influence on National Economics Challenge testing and judging.