2014 National Teacher Awards Program
|CEE Seeks Applications for The John Morton Excellence
in the Teaching of Economics Awards
The Council for Economic Education (CEE) recognizes excellence in economic and financial education by honoring three national educators in the elementary, middle and high school levels with The John Morton Excellence in the Teaching of Economics Awards. This award promotes economic education at the K–12 level by recognizing and honoring inspirational teachers whose innovative teaching concepts improve and stimulate economic understanding in and out of their classrooms and achieve results.
The entries must be submitted electronically by Tuesday, July 15, 2014.
AWARDEES WILL RECEIVE:
- A cash award of $500 each in each category
- All-expense paid trip to attend the 53rd Annual Financial Literacy and Economic Education Conference in Dallas, October 2014
- Recognition at the CEE’s annual conference Awards luncheon and dinner
- Recognition on CEE website, digital assets, communications, and in CEE’s Teaching Opportunity November newsletter
- The opportunity to share best practices with their teaching colleagues by co-facilitating a session at the CEE annual conference in Dallas
2014 Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Teaching Champion Awards
|CEE Seeks Applicants from NY Metro-Area Educators for the
Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Teaching Champion Awards
The Council for Economic Education recognizes excellence in economic education by honoring three outstanding educators from the New York Metropolitan area with the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Teaching Champion Award. This award promotes economic education at the K–12 level by recognizing and honoring teachers who effectively deliver this important content in and out of their classrooms and achieve results.
DEADLINE AND REQUIREMENTS
The entries must be submitted electronically by 11:59pm ET on July 4, 2014.
Materials to submit:
- Answers to all online questions
- Two lessons
- Three letters of recommendation
Applicants must teach in one of the twelve New York State counties (New York, Kings, Bronx, Richmond, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Orange and Dutchess), eight New Jersey counties (Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Union, Morris, Monmouth), or the two Connecticut counties (Fairfield and New Haven).
This award is open to teachers of all subjects, not just teachers of economics. Applicants must demonstrate how they integrate economics into their teaching. Teachers will not have had to participate in previous CEE training to be eligible. All K–12 certified teachers from public, private or parochial schools may enter, and you must have taught in the classroom during the 2013–2014 school year.
AWARDEES WILL RECEIVE:
- A cash award of $5,000.
- A cash award for their school of $2,500 to support economic and financial education.
- Recognition at CEE’s Visionary Awards in NYC on October 30, 2014.
- A scholarship to attend the 53rd Annual Financial Literacy and Economic Education Conference in Dallas, TX, October 8–11, 2014.