- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- UFT, 52 Broadway, 19th Floor, Manhattan
- Presenter: Dr. Barbara O’Neill, CFP®, Rutgers University Professor of Financial Management
- National Center Workshops
- Financial Literacy
This workshop will specifically focus on well-documented issues facing women and will raise awareness for the need to be financially literate. Dr. O’Neill will address the following topics: managing cash flow; the wise use of credit; establishing liquidity whether single, married, divorced, or cohabitating; various types and kinds of insurances; saving and investing and other essential financial concerns. The program is designed to benefit participants both personally and professionally with content for personal and classroom use.
Participants will leave with:
- Two publications: Money Talk: A Financial Guide for Women and CEE’s Financial Fitness for Life (Grades 9–12).
- Information about how to use EconEdLink, a database of free lessons that can be used to teach history, economics and personal finance.
- 6 Continuing Education Units.
- Lunch will be provided.
Who Should Attend?
Any educator teaching or interested in teaching personal finance.