- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- UFT, 50 Broadway, 2nd Floor, Room B, Manhattan
- Presenter: Dr. Deborah Kozdras, University of South Florida
- National Center Workshops
- Language Arts & Economics
- Math & Economics
Elementary school students are curious about their world and how it works. They are good at classifying information, solving problems and finding the logic in a situation.
This workshop, using Financial Fitness for Life (K–5), will provide educators with:
- Teacher guides and student workbooks for both elementary school levels of Financial Fitness for Life (Grades K–2 and 3–5).
- Active and engaging lessons that enable students to develop essential math and English skills while learning important concepts in economics and personal finance.
- Strategies for accommodating students’ intellectual curiosity without sacrificing any of the more playful aspects of learning.
- Information regarding alignment of each lesson to the Common Core State Standards for Math and ELA.
- Ideas for differentiating the lessons to accommodate special needs students and English Language Learners.
- 6 Continuing Education Units.
- Lunch provided.
Visit the Financial Fitness for Life website to learn more about the publication and how it can enhance your curriculum.