- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- SIBL Library, 35th and Madison, Manhattan
- Presenter: Dr. Harlan Day, Sagamore Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana
- National Center Workshops
- Financial Literacy
- General Economics
Don’t miss this unique workshop, which will teach you how to simulate real-world economic activity in your classroom and foster entrepreneurship. Students pay bills, have jobs, and run banks, insurance companies, stores and businesses. These activities involve your students in real decision-making and creative thinking—and they are a great motivator!
Participants will leave with:
- Economics and Entrepreneurship: Operating a Classroom Business in the Elementary and Middle School
- The Classroom Mini-Economy
- Additional lessons to teach economics from EconEdLink.org and other websites.
- Information regarding alignment of each lesson to the Common Core State Standards for Math and ELA.
- 6 Continuing Education Units
- Lunch provided.
Who Should Attend?
Elementary School Teachers and Middle School Social Studies Teachers