- Financial Literacy
- General Economics
This Fall see the newest DVD-based Personal Finance Program that teacher’s are using in classrooms just like yours… Tune into the hottest personal finance flick of the school year. Grab some popcorn and get comfortable…with basic economics and personal finance concepts and make this the most-talked-about class of the semester.
Drew Romanowski of Columbia High School in East Greenbush NY raves:“Im very pleased with the set up of the videos, the content, the attention-holding graphics, and supplemental activities. The students seem to enjoy them as well!”
Personal Finance DVD Starring Students Like Yours…
Starring industry professionals and students just like yours, this DVD program includes 5 action-packed fifteen minute videos designed to give students an overview of basic personal finance skills.
Your students will listen to other students’ experiences with money and their personal finance ups and downs. They’ll even have a chance to hear from industry specialists who share helpful financial advice, tips and strategies on how to make the most of their money, investments, credit and much more.
Master Basic Economics and Personal Finance Concepts and Get Ready for College and the Real-World…
Your students will build a strong grasp on basic personal finance concepts like budgeting, money management, credit and more fundamental economics and financial concepts that will take them beyond high school and prepare them for college and real-world experiences.
Ready-to-Use Lesson Plans Make Lesson Planning Easy
Plus, there’s no lesson planning required. With each video discover lesson plans, reproducible activities and visuals to help you review personal finance and economics concepts covered in each video.
Explore 5 videos with major economics and personal finance themes and:
- Get a Financial Plan: Cover key economic and personal finance concepts and basic vocabulary.
- Get Smart: Decisions Have Consequences: Learn about trade-offs and opportunity costs that come with every decision.
- Get Banked: The Banking Advantage: Establishing a banking relationship to keep your money safe and growing.
- Get the Credit You Deserve: Demystify credit and debt.
- Get a Financial Plan: Discover the importance of budgeting and planning, saving early and often, compound interest and much more.
In this DVD you’ll also find:
- Brief summaries of the videos
- Correlations of the lesson plans to national educational standards in economics, personal finance, and mathematics
- Glossary of key terms
- Test bank of questions to assess your students’ understanding of the concepts
A companion website, financingyourfuture.councilforeconed.org, includes a workshop leader’s guide for teacher professional development workshops and other supplemental materials to give you the flexibility to teach personal finance on your terms.
What’s on the DVD?
The DVD has both video clips and teaching resources. Place the DVD in your DVD player to view the video clips. Place the DVD in your computer to view the teaching resources.
Minimum System Requirements
Underwritten by Citigroup Foundation