- 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- UFT, 52 Broadway, 19th Floor, Room H, Manhattan
- Presenter: Doug Young, CEE Director for Professional Development
- National Center Workshops
- Financial Literacy
The cost of college quoted of listed is not the real cost. College loan debt now exceeds credit card debt so it’s crucial for your students to understand the real costs of attending college before they make some of the most important decisions of their lives.
Participants will leave with:
- A list of hidden costs that are often overlooked when preparing a budget for college.
- Three lessons from EconEdLink.com focusing on the costs and benefits of attending college, including an analysis of financing options for college.
- An understanding of the difference between a grant, scholarship and loan and the requirements of each.
- Strategies and resources to help students and parents with financing these hidden costs.
- 3 Continuing Education Units
- Dinner provided.
Who Should Attend?
Guidance Counselors and teachers of math, business, personal finance and economics (Grades 6-12).