- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- UFT, 52 Broadway, 19th Floor, Manhattan
- Presenter: Doug Young, CEE Director for Professional Development and Michael Turner, New York State Higher Education Services Corporation
- National Center Workshops
- Business & Economics
- Financial Literacy
- General Economics
- Math & Economics
The cost of college quoted or listed is not the real cost. College loan debt now exceeds credit card debt so it’s crucial for your students to understand the real costs of attending college before they make some of the most important decisions of their lives.
Participants will leave with:
- A list of hidden costs that are often overlooked when preparing a budget for college on PowerPoint.
- Three lessons from EconEdLink.com focusing on the costs and benefits of attending college, including an analysis of financing options for college.
- An understanding of the difference between a grant, scholarship and loan and the requirements of each.
- Strategies and resources to help students and parents with financing these hidden costs.
- 6 Continuing Education Units
- Lunch provided.
Who Should Attend?
Guidance Counselors, math, business, personal finance and economics teachers (Grades 6-12).