- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- SIBL Library, 35th and Madison, Manhattan
- Presenter: Dr. Rich MacDonald, St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- National Center Workshops
- General Economics
- Math & Economics
The new edition of Focus: High School Economics, has been updated to include new lessons on game theory, labor markets, and unemployment. This edition features simulations, role plays, small-group discussions and other active-learning instructional activities to help students explore economic concepts through real-life applications, including simulating a cocoa market, deciding where to locate a factory, and conducting an employment survey.
Participants will leave with:
- Focus: High School Economics (2014 edition)
- Additional lessons from EconEdLink.org and other websites to supplement and engage teaching and learning.
- Information regarding alignment of each lesson to the Common Core State Standards for Math and ELA.
- 6 Continuing Education Units
- Lunch provided.
Who Should Attend?
High School Social Studies and Math teachers