- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Science, Industry & Business Library, 35th & Madison, Manhattan
- Presenter: Dr. Tawni Ferrarini, University of Northern Michigan
- National Center Workshops
- General Economics
With the economy dominating the news, now is the perfect time to equip yourself with the knowledge and curriculum materials to help your high school students better understand U.S. History through the lens of economics. Improve your students’ test scores and integrate lessons which meet the Common Core Standards and C3 Frameworks with Focus: Understanding Economics in U.S. History. This publication supplements history units by using economics to better understand topics such as exploration and settlement, the Constitutional Period, the Booms and Busts of the 1800s, Jim Crow and racial discrimination, the Civil War, the Great Depression, and other more recent historical events.
Participants will leave with:
- A free copy of Focus: Understanding Economics in U.S. History
- Information about the new College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework for Social Studies State Standards
- 6 Continuing Education Units
- Lunch provided