- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- SIBL Library, 35th and Madison, Manhattan
- Presenter: Marsha Masters, Economics Arkansas
- National Center Workshops
- Math & Economics
This workshop is full. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please contact Alexis Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your young students can improve their math skills while learning basic economic concepts such as choice, scarcity, goods and services, barter, and specialization. Active lessons using role plays, stories, games, movement, and crafts make learning economics exciting. Each lesson includes a hands-on activity, worksheets for practicing math skills, as well as an assessment.
Participants will leave with:
- K thru 2 Can Do! Math and Economics, 12 lessons for teaching math and economics.
- Additional elementary lessons to teach grades K–2 using EconEdLink.org and other websites.
- 6 Continuing Education Units.
- Lunch provided.