- 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Museum of American Finance, 48 Wall St., Manhattan
- Presenter: Chris Myers, Museum of American Finance and Doug Young, CEE Director for Professional Development
- National Center Workshops
- Financial Literacy
It is more important than ever for students to learn the fundamentals of money management, saving and investing. This workshop will help teachers supplement investor education for themselves and their students. Attendees will also be given a personalized tour of the Museum of American Finance. You will also be introduced to CEE’s free online personal finance game the “Gen i Revolution.” The online game is set in a fictional world, not unlike ours, going through a similar financial and economic crisis. Players work with a team of characters (avatars) to provide personal financial advice and financial power to the people. Each mission of the game is linked to a topic in CEE’s publication, Learning, Earning and Investing for a New Generation. This book and game are also compatible with the Stock Market Game. So, join the Gen i Revolution and fight financial illiteracy!
- Copy of Learning, Earning and Investing with 21 lessons tied to Gen i Revolution and the Stock Market Game
- Instructions for CEE’s new online personal finance apps “Beyond the Mission” and “Murktide Invasion.”
- Listing of Museum classes including a DoE P-Credit courses taught by Museum and market professionals.
- Additional lessons from EconEdLink.org and other websites to supplement and engage teaching and learning.
- Another 20 plus interactive lessons on personal finance from CEE State Councils and Federal Reserve websites.
- If possible, bring a laptop, tablet or other wireless device.
- 6 Continuing Education Units
Who Should Attend?
Middle and High School Teachers (Grades 7–12)