Are your students ready to compete in the Global Economy?
Designed for teachers at every grade level and in all disciplines, What Economics Is About is a simple, time-saving way to teach the fundamental economics content every K-12 student needs to know.
This 20-page booklet is loaded with:
- Economics Vocabulary – down-to-earth explanations of the fundamental terms all teachers—and students!—need to know
- Illustrations & Diagrams – give your students an overview of essential concepts
- Formulas – simple equations that won’t overwhelm your students
- Additional Resources – enhance your own knowledge and confidence with supplemental teaching tools
A one-page overview of “What Economics Is About” gives you a visual roadmap of economics in an easy-to-follow flowchart, and is ideal as an overhead or handout for your students.
An Invigorating Way to Teach Basic Economics
What Economics Is About is packed with common-sense economics content and easily builds on each preceding concept. You’ll effortless move through:
- The Basic Economics Problem
- Economics Systems
- Three Basic Questions Every Society Must Answer
- Circular Flow
- Role of Government
- Entrepreneurship, and more.
Armed with the basic content in What Economics Is About, students will leave your classroom with the skills to become productive workers and knowledgeable consumers.
Where Should I Use ‘What Economics Is About?’
Use this resource as an energizing introduction to economics at any grade level; you’ll give your students a solid knowledge base and a desire to explore more complex and in-depth economics material. Plus, as an added bonus, you’ll expand your own knowledge and appreciation for economics!
- Introduction to economics, for all grade levels
- Content review before end-of-semester and state exams
- Teacher review and curriculum planning
- Professional development courses
- Student reader
Who Should Use ‘What Economics Is About’
What Economics Is About is an invaluable resource for teachers in all departments and subject areas:
- New Economics teachers – wondering where to start? Use this guide to lay a curriculum foundation
- Veteran Economics teachers – a refreshing way to teach the basics and enhance your time-tested curriculum
- Curriculum Directors – use in your professional development training to give every teacher in your district the fundamental skills to confidently teach economics
- Department Chairs – add to your resource library and share with all of your teachers
- Social Studies and Business Educators – economics is a natural part of your curriculum, use this program as a supplement to your standard content
- Student Reader – purchase a copy for all of your students! They will appreciate the easy-to-read content