- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Birch Family Services, 104 W. 29th Street, 2nd Floor Training Institute, Manhattan
- Presenter: Dr. Jim Charkins, University of California, San Bernadino
- National Center Workshops
- General Economics
This workshop focuses on ways to make your high school economics course more relevant and exciting by using economic reasoning, simulations and other active learning tools. Topics for discussion include:
- How to integrate the Economics of Seinfeld in your classroom using www.yadayadayadaecon.com
- The purpose of the high school economics course—student empowerment.
- The importance of teaching human capital on the second day of class.
- The proper role of graphs in the high school course.
- Teaching marginal analysis using real-world examples relevant to high school students, not the firm.
Participants will leave with:
- A free copy of Economics In Action: 14 Lessons Packed with Classroom Discussions, Simulations and Role-Playing Exercises
- 6 Continuing Education Units
- Lunch provided.