In this article from Edutopia, Brian Page, high school personal finance & economics teacher and CEE Teacher Advisory Chair, highlights resources to help teachers impart financial literacy lessons to middle school students.
In This Issue:
- Celebrate Financial Literacy Month, April 2014
- This car is going to cost me how much money???
- Gen i Revolution How-to Webinars Available
- Special Limited Time Offer on Learning, Earning and Investing for a New Generation
- Mark your calendar for CEE’s Annual Teacher Conference
US News & World Report references a recent study by H&R Block that reveals adults aren’t the only ones worrying about money. The survey of 13- to 17-year-olds shows that teens are worried about future student loan debt, gaining employment and maintain the standard of living from their childhood homes.
Council for Economic Education Offers Teacher and Student Resources for Financial Literacy Month
NEW YORK, NY April 1, 2014 – Since 2003, the US has recognized April as Financial Literacy Month, shining a spotlight on the importance of personal finance and economic education. And yet, a new survey from the Council for Economic Education (CEE) reveals slow to no growth in K–12 personal finance and economic education in public schools. According to the Council for Economic Education’s 2014 Survey of the States, a majority of the public school students in the United States still are not exposed to economics or personal finance education despite the lessons of the recent recession. Read more…
This School Library Journal article discusses the Gen i Revolution Suite of games and the Search for the Sweet 16th contest, which asks students to create ideas for the game’s next mission.
In This Issue:
- Enter the Gen i Revolution Contest to Win up to $1000 for your classroom
- Top 5 Reasons to Participate in the National Economics Challenge
- GATE Merges with myEconEdLink.org
- Tech for Teachers Have you tried these apps?
- Most Accessed Lesson of the Month on EconEdLink.org
- Discounted Book + PDF Bundles Now Available
- NYSE Euronext Teachers Workshops (Summer 2014)