The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Ready.Save.Grow. campaign today named the four Grand Prize Winners of its nationwide “Save Out Loud” Contest, which captured savings stories from students and families across the country. Treasurer of the United States Rosie Rios will pay a virtual video visit to the winners’ schools to recognize their achievements.
CEE’s President & CEO Nan J. Morrison was one of the official contest judges, along with Rosie Rios, Treasurer of the United States; Van Zeck, Commissioner emeritus, Bureau of the Public Debt, U.S. Department of the Treasury; Beth Kobliner, financial journalist and member of the President’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability; and David Mancl, Director, Office of Financial Literacy, Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions; State of Wisconsin Jump$tart Coalition Leader.
Grand Prize Winners of the “Save Out Loud” Contest include:
• Grades K – 6: Christopher P., Milwaukee, Wis., “Big Time Saver”
• Grades 7 – 12: Kolt V., Dathan H., Austin J., Colin F., Prague, Okla., “Snuggies for Sandy Victims”
• Grades K – 6: Jeremy K., Durham, N.C., “Saving for Art School”
• Grades 7 – 12: Michelle G., Millstone Township, N.J., “Saving for Security”
The contest also recognized four Popular Vote Winners who received the most public votes during the contest. Popular Vote Winners include:
• Grades K – 6: Madison G., Woodridge, Va., “Pennies from Heaven: My College Fund One Penny at a Time”
• Grades 7 – 12: Maddy U., Canfield, Ohio, “Savings Are Magical”
• Grades K – 6: Cassie M., Pearland, Texas, “Cassie Saves Out Loud”
• Grades 7 – 12: Destiny D., Carley G., Alexa C., Jeffrey H., Prague, Okla., “Lillanna’s College Fund”
All contest winners will receive official commemorative prizes from the Treasury Department. To view all eight winning “Save Out Loud” Contest entries, go to the Treasury Department’s Ready.Save.Grow. website.
Watch the video compilation of the Grand Prize Winners below.