Search for the Sweet 16th
Winners and Prizes
The Council for Economics is excited to present the Gen i Revolution Contest, Search for the Sweet 16th offering students the opportunity to recommend a 16th mission. This contest builds from the highly successful free online personal finance game played by over 130,000 high school students across the nation.
Gen i Revolution, combined with the 21-lesson Learning, Earning and Investing for a New Generation® print materials, provides a comprehensive investor education program in which students complete a variety of activities to help them learn important personal finance concepts.
The game includes 15 Missions in which students attempt to help people in financial trouble. Students join the Gen i Revolution, strategically select their Operatives, and begin to explore and earn points as they work to complete each Mission including:
- Building Wealth Over the Long Term
- Investing in Human Capital—Job Choice
- Investing in Human Capital—Education
- Risk and Return
- Alternative Financial Institutions
- Mutual Funds
- Researching Companies
- Stock Market Fundamentals
- Stock Market Crashes
- Forecasting the Future
- Financial Planning
- YOUR MISSION GOES HERE
Earning Income – Buying Goods and Services – Saving
Using Credit – Financial Investing – Protecting and Insuring
This is a team-based contest, and students can form teams consisting of up to five members. In order to be eligible for competition, each team must be sponsored by a teacher* and each submission must include both contest components:
Each component must cover the following:
- What personal finance concept are you trying to teach
- Why is this concept important for high school students to learn
- How to incorporate this concept into a Gen i Revolution mission
- What new mission should CEE add to Gen i Revolution and why?
- Video should be a creatively presented—have fun!
The submissions will be judged based on the following CRITERIA:
- The soundness of the concept
- The level of creativity surrounding the mission itself
- The applicability to high school students
*Multiple teams per teacher are allowed
Winners and Prizes
Decided by Popular Vote on Facebook
$25 iTunes Gift Card for each winning team member
$500 American Express Gift Certificate for the sponsoring teacher to use in the classroom
CEE’S CHOICE CONTEST
Decided by The Council for Economic Education based on the written application and the video
$50 iTunes Gift Card for each winning team member
$1000 American Express Gift Certificate for the sponsoring teacher to use in the classroom
Bonus: This winner will have its recommended new mission actually developed and added to Gen i Revolution!
Click here to view the official rules for the Gen i Revolution Contest, Search for the Sweet 16th, including eligibility, application requirements and prizes.
- Contest Submissions Accepted: Tuesday, April 1, 2014 – 9am ET
BOTH THE WRITTEN APPLICATION AND VIDEO SUBMISSION MUST BE SUBMITTED SIMULTANEOUSLY
- Contest End Date: Friday, April 18, 2014 – 11:59pm ET
- FB Poll Opens: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 – 9am ET
- FB Poll Closes: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 – 11:59pm ET
- Winners Announced: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 – 9am
Thank you for helping to stem the Murktide!
Best of luck!