- 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Science, Industry & Business Library (SIBL), 188 Madison Ave., Manhattan
- Presenter: Maria Michelsson, retired math teacher, Mamaroneck High School
- National Center Workshops
How many times have your students asked you, “When am I going to use this in real life?” In this workshop, we will demonstrate how using personal finance can make math topics such as unit prices, ratios and proportions, percents, operations with decimals, and linear/quadratic functions relevant to your students. They’ll also learn important life skills to boot: the importance of saving, money management and how to spend and use credit wisely.
- 3 Continuing Education Units
- Complimentary Resource: Mathematics & Economics: Connections for Life (Grades 6-8 and 9-12)
- Dinner provided