“The wide variety of services and support resources made available by the Council for Economic Education has served as a lifeline for myself and my students.”
Finance, Economics, & Business Teacher
Reading High School, Ohio
CEE delivers economic education and financial literacy to K-12 students by educating the educators. Our impact is perhaps best demonstrated by what participants in our programs – teachers and students – say about their experiences. CEE is the recognized thought-leader in this field and is driving improvements from coast to coast.
We achieve nationwide reach through our network of affiliates:
- 55,000 teachers trained in 2012.
- 5,000 teachers are in the lowest-performing high schools in the country.
- 4% are “pre-service” (still in school)
- Teachers reach 5 million students each year; approximately 10% of the nations’ youth.
- We train teachers in 36 of 50 of the country’s largest cities.
- We have an active presence in 45 states.
- School mix:
- 90% of teachers trained work in public schools.
- 10% of teachers trained work in private schools.
- Grade mix:
- 50% are high school teachers.
- 20% are middle school teachers.
- 30% are elementary school teachers.
- Subject training mix:
- 30% completed training in financial literacy.
- 10% completed training in economics.
- 60% completed both economics and financial literacy training.